The International Museum of Art, a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization, is located in the heart of El Paso’s historic Rio Grande District. The building, a Victorian style mansion designed by architect Henry C. Trost, was owned by State Senator William Turney and his wife Iva, a prominent El Paso family who resided in the home from 1909 to 1939. Following Senator Turney’s death, Mrs. Turney donated the property to the City of El Paso. Honoring the wishes of the Senator and Mrs. Turney – that their former home always be used for the arts- the Turney mansion became the home of the International Museum of Art.
***CALL TO ARTISTS!! CHECK OUT THE GUIDELINES FOR THE 2017 SUN BOWL ART EXHIBIT
PROSPECTUS -> Download Sun-Bowl-Art-Exhibit-2017
NEW DOLL COLLECTION!
The beautiful Polish doll collection, donated by the American Polish Society, is now on display. Please come by the International Museum to see our new addition to our doll collection.
Metamorphosis: Trash to Treasure Exhibit (Temporary Exhibit- April 2017)
Thanks to everyone who helped and contributed to making the opening of the Metamorphosis: Trash to Treasure exhibit a fabulous success! We want to thank El Dorado High School, artists, sponsors, SISD, volunteers, and all attendees.
Special thanks to Chelsea Clinton for recognizing the artists work creating art pieces with recycled material and helping raise awareness about environmental conservation.