The International Museum of Art houses the El Paso Artists’ Hall of Fame.
In 1994 the International Association for the Visual Arts established the El Paso Artists’ Hall of Fame to honor artists for their accomplishments and contributions to the visual arts scene in the El Paso region.
Artwork of the honorees resides in the museum collection. There is also a bronze plaque listing each member of the Hall of Fame in the Museum’s parlour.
The International Museum of Art inducts members into the Hall of Fame once every other year. Nominations are accepted until the deadline established the year of the award date. The next year’s nominee will be inducted in November of 2009. Nominations will be accepted until September 2, 2009. Criteria for nominees is as follows:
- Artists must have lived in the El Paso area 10 years or more.
- Artists must have been acclaimed for outstanding excellence in the field of visual art.
- Achievements should be statewide, nationally, or internationally recognized.
- Artists must have been accepted in the juried exhibits.
- Artwork should be an outstanding expression of the positive human spirit which would merit special recognition.
Any interested person may submit a letter of nomination detailing the artist’s achievements to:
International Museum of Art
El Paso, TX 79902
|1995||Mortimer Wilson, Jr.|
|1997||L B Porter|
|1998||John Sherrill Houser|
|1999||George Robert Snead|
|2000||Susan Amstater Schwartz|
|2001||Ann James Massey|